Aside from the positive environmental impact of “going electric”, there are a number of more practical benefits to driving an electric vehicle.
Some of the most popular ones identified by EV drivers include:
- £0 Road Tax (or a reduced tax bill for those driving hybrid vehicles)
- £0 London congestion charge
- Moving away from the ever-increasing prices of petrol and diesel
- Less of a reliance on so many different parts and pieces flowing together smoothly, so less chance of something going wrong
- No need for oil changes, oil filters, transmissions, etc, which all add up and become quite costly
- The ability to charge the car from home